Yes, Hitchhiker insures your Shipment up to $1000 against theft, and by theft we mean stealing your stuff by travelers.
Hitchhiker don’t Insure your shipment if:
- shipment details added into the application are not correct or including missing data and/or manipulation.
- Items that were not mentioned inside your shipment request
- Your items were stolen from traveler’s mailbox and that’s why we always ask shoppers to require Signature delivery for receiving their items (hand-to-hand delivery)
- Your items were lost by third party company like Airlines or last mile delivery companies.
- Shoppers will be reimbursed with the items mentioned in shipment details only and not chat messages or what’s added offline.
- Your items were held by the customs duties.
Communicating with the traveler outside the application chat.
How long could it take to receive my insurance:
Such cases requires attention from a dedicated team and can take from 14 - 45 days.
once insurance is applied to your case you will be asked to forward us the purchase email confirmation and your payout details in order to proceed with transaction immediately.